The Ischgl Protocol – A party location infects half of Europe

The party is over/Foto: blog.tirol

The winter sports village Ischgl in Tyrol was known for its parties. Then it became the hub of the corona virus – out of unscrupulousness and greed. A team of reporters reconstructed the case.

From: Der Spiegel  on 27.03.2020

“Home of Madness”

By Jürgen Dahlkamp, Hauke Goos, Roman Höfner, Felix Hutt, Gunther Latsch, Timo Lehmann, Walter Mayr, Max Polonyi and Jonathan Stock.

Ischgl in Tyrol is a mountain village in the Paznaun valley at an altitude of 1377 metres. It has a parish church and a chapel for the dead, about 1600 inhabitants and 11,800 guest beds, 239 kilometres of ski slopes, 1000 snow cannons, 45 lifts. There is the disco “Kuhstall” and the après ski bar “Kitzloch”. In Ischgl you can ski and party all night long at Jägermeister-Red Bull. Ischgl is a brand like Ibiza, Sylt or the Oktoberfest. Millions of tourists meet here every year. They come from Dublin, Reykjavík, Copenhagen and Helsinki, from Bavaria, Hamburg and Neuss. The tourism industry in the valley has a turnover of 250 million euros a year. Continue reading “The Ischgl Protocol – A party location infects half of Europe” »

Ryanair: hundreds of jobs on the tip

Ryanair B737-800/Foto: Ryanair

 

Because of the flight ban for Boeings medium range jet 737 MAX there are hundreds of jobs on the tip of the Irish low-cost airline. The company needs around 1,500 fewer pilots and flight attendants than originally planned, Michael O’Leary told the staff in a video message. Continue reading “Ryanair: hundreds of jobs on the tip” »

Ryanair takes over Laudamotion

According to Laudamotion, the airline is now a 100% subsidiary of Ryanair Holding/Foto: Reuters

As was announced yesterday, Ryanair, Europe’s largest low-cost airline, has completely taken over Laudamotion, the airline of Niki Lauda, and expanding in Vienna …

The Irish low-cost airline Ryanair has taken over all shares of Laudamotion. Ryanair previously held 75 per cent of the Austrian airline Laudamotion, Niki Lauda Holding the remaining 25 per cent. According to Laudamotion, the airline is now a 100% subsidiary of Ryanair Holding.
Laudamotion has an ambitious growth plan. In the summer, the fleet is to be expanded from 19 to 25 aircraft and by the 2021/22 financial year to 40 aircraft. The airline then intends to carry ten million passengers – in the first business year after its foundation in 2018, the company expects four million passengers and losses of around 140 million euros. However, the company has no long-haul plans. Company boss Gruber explained that he expects a maximum loss of 50 million euros in the second business year. In the third business year, the airline is expected to fly profitably.

The situation at Vienna International Airport is getting even tighter, the rush of low-cost airlines continues….

http://visionsblog.info/en/2018/07/22/%ef%bb%bflow-cost-air-rush-vienna-airport/

Sources: dpa, mirror online, Laudamotion, Visionsblog.info

Low-cost air rush on Vienna Airport

Also Level takes part in the lowcost battle at Vienna´s Airport/ Photo: Level

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

How much air is left for budget airlines at Vienna Schwechat Airport? Never before has the rush of low cost airlines for an airport been so great. Low prices delight passengers.

Many low-cost airlines are approaching the airport Vienna Schwechat – and almost daily there are more. Continue reading “Low-cost air rush on Vienna Airport” »

The Aviation Event 2017 comes nearer

Eviation Event. Holm. Frankfurt, den 30.06.2016
Always exciting: the dialogue between aviation and politics – here Cem Özdemir, Federal Chairman of the party Bündnis 90 / Die Grünen, at the Aviation Event 2016 / Photo: Gregor Schläger

The Aviaton Event 2017 comes nearer. If you would like to be a guest at the Gateway Gardens at Frankfurt Airport on May 4th, or just want to spend an interesting day and meet people from the industry, then register at http://www.aviation-event.de/anmeldung/ If you register via visionsblog.info you get a 15% discount! Your visonsblog.info discount code is: AE2017-WM.

The Aviation Event 2017 business platform brings together key players of tthe aviation industry: IATA representatives, airport bosses,

Continue reading “The Aviation Event 2017 comes nearer” »